While reading Get Healthy Pensacola‘s tip for this week, I could not help but think of how, over the years, our perception of wellness has changed. For example, here in the 21st century, we are mostly concerned with factors that contribute to our general condition of life.
10 Factors for a Long, Healthy Life:
- No smoking.
- Wear your seat belt.
- Dont drink and drive.
- Have a smoke detector in your home.
- Maintain your proper weight.
- Get an annual blood pressure test.
- Control stress.
- Limit cholesterol in your diet.
- Have an annual dental exam.
- Get 8 hours of sleep a night.
10,000 years ago, it was a completely different story.
Paleolithic man’s 10 factors for a long and healthy life
- run fast
- dig good hole
- eat biggest animal available
- cover tracks
- hit hard
- hit fast
- hit first
- make lots of babies
- find good cave
- sharpen teeth on rock
Kind of puts our little worries into perspective, doesn’t it??